Posted in Recipes on 25.08.2018
Summer Fruits Pancake Tacos
prep: 10 mins / cook: 20 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 8 - 10 pancakes Print recipe?
So far it’s been a week of celebrating delicious seasonal fruits – firstly with baked rice pudding and its sticky sweet roasted fruits topping. And now with this vegan pancakes recipe. Seasonal fruits are worth celebrating – yes you can get most things all year round but the taste does not compare to when it’s actually in season. And the strawberries and nectarines I’ve used here are among my most favourite fruits.
Of course you don’t have to make the pancakes into tacos. We had them last weekend just as pancakes, zero fluff, and they were perfect. Sunday is pancakes for breakfast day in our house. Phil cooks them, me and Meg sit and watch and then eat them.
However, dollop in some smooth, thick coconut cream, scatter with seasonal fruits and bejewel with Doisy & Dam’s truly divine Chocolate Snaps and these go from a quick and simple Sunday breakfast to an absolute decadent treat. (I’ve put links to where you can buy the snaps in the UK in the recipe itself!) If you’ve not tried Doisy and Dam chocolate you’ve missed a real treat – smoooooth silky chocolate with delicious extras and lots of superfood oomph. We’re genuine fans ❤
If you make any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
Summer Fruits Pancake Tacos
prep: 10 mins / cook: 20 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 8 - 10 pancakes
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond milk
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana - peeled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Coconut cream (see note)
- Seasonal fruits - I used quartered strawberries and sliced nectarine
- 1 bag of Doisy & Dam Snaps - Coconut & Lucuma (available in the UK from Sainsbury's and Ocado)
- Simply put all the pancake ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- I find it easier to pour out of the blender cup into a jug or bowl and then use a large spoon to transfer into a frying pan
- Heat a tiny drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently warm
- Scoop large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the pan - I cook 3 at a time or the pan gets overcrowded and makes it hard to flip the pancakes
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the uncooked side and there's enough of a crust to flip the pancake over. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Keep warm or serve immediately
- To serve with the coconut cream and fruits I stacked the pancakes into taco shapes in a shallow bowl, spooned in some of the coconut cream and topped with fruits and Doisy & Dam Chocolate Snaps
- Enjoy - these are a real favourite in our house now!
- To make coconut cream, just chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight then open the tin and scoop out the hard white part (the watery liquid is perfect in smoothies) and beat until soft and smooth.
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword