Summer Fruits Pancake Tacos
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 8 - 10 pancakes
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond milk
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana – peeled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Coconut cream (see note)
- Seasonal fruits – I used quartered strawberries and sliced nectarine
- 1 bag of Doisy & Dam Snaps – Coconut & Lucuma (available in the UK from Sainsbury’s and Ocado)
- Simply put all the pancake ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- I find it easier to pour out of the blender cup into a jug or bowl and then use a large spoon to transfer into a frying pan
- Heat a tiny drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently warm
- Scoop large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the pan - I cook 3 at a time or the pan gets overcrowded and makes it hard to flip the pancakes
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the uncooked side and there's enough of a crust to flip the pancake over. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Keep warm or serve immediately
- To serve with the coconut cream and fruits I stacked the pancakes into taco shapes in a shallow bowl, spooned in some of the coconut cream and topped with fruits and Doisy & Dam Chocolate Snaps
- Enjoy - these are a real favourite in our house now!
- To make coconut cream, just chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight then open the tin and scoop out the hard white part (the watery liquid is perfect in smoothies) and beat until soft and smooth.
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/summer-fruits-pancake-tacos/