Posted in Recipes on 28.08.2019
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
prep: 15 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 55 mins / quantity: 2-4 servings Print recipe?
Gently spiced cauliflower cooked to crispy perfection! Drizzled with a smooth creamy tahini dressing this roasted cauliflower is easy and SO delicious!
Hi! My name is Samantha and I am a roasted cauliflower addict. There have been too many occasions when roasting cauliflower for a recipe for the blog that I’ve had to make it all over again because I ate so much of it I didn’t have enough left to photograph. So. New rules:
- Don’t try and photograph a recipe when hungry
- Just cook more damn cauliflower than I’ll actually need
- Same rules apply to cookies
How to roast cauliflower
There’s no tricks or magic involved. Only the magic that goes on in the oven while the cauliflower is roasting to sweet, spicy, crispy perfection.
Simply break the cauliflower into florets, irregular sizes are fine. Then get those babies coated well with the particular blend of herbs, spices and seasoning. Here I’ve used oil, thyme, rosemary, turmeric, cumin and nutritional yeast. Feel free to spice it up with paprika, chilli flakes or whatever gets your cauliflower groove on. The only important bit is coating the florets well. The oil helps with this and a large bowl so you can toss it all together without overcrowding it.
Spread it onto a large enough tray to hold it all. Or a couple of trays if you’re like me and have to cook extra because, you know. Cauliflower addiction.
The cauliflower is roasted in a fairly hot oven. This gives wonderful little charred bits to the outside that are just full of crispy flavour, while keeping the inside soft and delicate. I’ve put in the instructions that this recipe serves 2-4. I regularly eat roasted cauliflower as the main part of the dish but if you’re using this as a side it’ll stretch a little further.
Love cauliflower as much as me?
- Roast Carrot and Quinoa Salad with Cauliflower Steaks
- Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Roasted Cauliflower
- Crispy Coconut Cauliflower Tacos
- Cauliflower Quinoa Salad
- Yellow Split Pea and Cauliflower Dhal
- Healthy Indian Takeaway (with Cauliflower Rice)
- Buddha Bowls
Let’s talk tahini dressing
Because roasted cauliflower on its own isn’t enough, I had to add the wonderful food of the Gods that is tahini. Just whisk some tahini with garlic powder, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), oil and a dash of pepper. You’ll want to make plenty of this stuff. It’s rich, creamy and very very easy to just eat by the spoonful.
If you’re wondering what the green stuff is on the plate that’s a whole other story. And blog post! Minted pea guacamole and I CANNOT stop making (and eating) it. I’ve given a brief description for how to make it in the recipe notes for these BBQ Tacos. But as also mentioned I’ve had so many questions about it, it will be getting it’s own recipe very soon. It makes the best cooling addition to spicy tacos as well as being an incredible topping on toasted muffins smeared with vegan cream cheese. And of course it’s the perfect accompaniment to roasted cauliflower with tahini dressing 😉
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
prep: 15 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 55 mins / quantity: 2-4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower – green stalks removed and broken into florets
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, stalk discarded (or sub with 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, needles only, stalk discarded (or sub with 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tblsp nutritional yeast
- large pinch of sea salt and a few good grinds of black pepper
- 3 tblsp tahini
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tblsp liquid aminos (or sub with soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- few good grinds of black pepper
- Toasted sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line a large tray with parchment or a silicon mat
- Put the cauliflower florets into a large bowl and sprinkle over the oil, herbs, spices, nutritional yeast and seasoning
- Toss well together to coat the cauliflower
- Tip onto your prepared tray, seperate them apart a little then roast for 35-40 minutes until golden and crispy
- While that's cooking whisk together the tahini dressing ingredients or put into a jar with a lid and shake together
- Serve the cauliflower drizzled with the tahinin dressing and top with a few toasted sunflower seeds for extra crunch if you like
- This roasted cauliflower is just as good cold as leftovers as it is hot and fresh from the oven!
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Nooch. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Healthy Veganuary Favourites
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword