Posted in Recipes on 20.12.2018
Vegan Chocolate Tiffin
prep: 15 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 60-120 mins / total: 1 hour 15 mins / quantity: approx 26 squares Print recipe?
Crushed Oreos, dried fruits, golden syrup, rich dark chocolate and peanut butter are all crammed into this vegan chocolate tiffin, making it the perfect indulgent treat!
Don’t be fooled when making this and you pour it into a relatively small container to set. This chocolate tiffin cuts into LOTS of nice little bite sized pieces and delivers a rich, fruity, crunch with every morsel.
- Sultanas and dried dates for chewy sweetness
- Dairy free spread to give the whole thing a meltingly soft texture
- Raw cacao powder for extra chocolateyness
- Crushed biscuits for the iconic tiffin crunch
- Peanut butter for, well, the sake of it because PEANUT BUTTER
- And the most important thing that brings it all together – chocolate. Doisy & Dam’s Maca, Vanilla & Cacao Nibs to be exact. This is the most gorgeous vegan chocolate and with a little bit of a superfood boost we can pretend this chocolate tiffin is sorta healthy right?
These would also make a great last minute gift – taking only a handful of minutes to make and a little chilling time. Then just wrap in some crinkly cellophane or a little cardboard box and attach a pretty bow!
I’m a huge fan of handmade gifts. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of must buy, must buy, especially at Christmas. But it’s truly very special to receive something that’s been lovingly hand made 🙂
- Christmas Spice Chocolate Truffles
- Coconut, Almond and Chocolate Cookies
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Shortbread
All really simple to make, wrap and gift and all very popular with everyone that’s tried them!
If you make this Vegan Chocolate Tiffin or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! )
Vegan Chocolate Tiffin
prep: 15 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 60-120 mins / total: 1 hour 15 mins / quantity: approx 26 squares
- 4 tblsp (180g) golden syrup
- 1/3 cup (110g) peanut butter
- 1 x 80g bar Doisy & Dam – Maca, Vanilla & Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup (120g) dairy free spread – I used Vitalite
- 4 tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup (65g) sultanas
- 1/4 cup (40g) dried figs (this is about 3-4 figs)
- 1 cup (200g) biscuits – I used Oreo thins
- Into a medium saucepan put the golden syrup and peanut butter and very gently warm. Do not boil this mixture or the nut butter might separate
- When it's just warm break the chocolate into pieces and add along with the margarine and stir everything together until completely melted
- Stir in the cacao powder and sultanas
- Roughly dice the figs into small pieces and add those to the pan
- Using your hands crush the biscuits into the pan (see note)
- Give everything a really good stir together until all the fruits and crushed biscuits are completely coated with the chocolate mixture
- Line a 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch (19 x 14 cm) container with a piece of cling film or parchment, covering the base and sides then pour in the tiffin mixture, smothing out so it's level
- Pop in the fridge for an hour or two until set then lift out of the container, remove the parchment or cling film and cut into approximately 26 squares. This may seem a lot of squares for a small amount of mixture but it's really rich and gooey!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Because I used the Oreo thins they're very easy to crush with just your hands. If you use another type of biscuit you may need to put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword