Posted in Recipes on 08.07.2018
Coconut Almond and Chocolate Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 10 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 12 cookies Print recipe?
Sometimes a cookie comes along that opens your heart and taste buds to the possibility that maybe you haven’t actually tried all the cookies that are out there. Because folks, I’ve tried and made a lot of cookies. Like a serious LOT. All in the name of research of course.
Most make the recipe short list, some don’t. Some get made several times. Some are on a perpetual cycle of never not being in the house. And I know I shouldn’t have cookie favourites but these Almond Coconut and Chocolate Cookies are my new babies and they are cookie perfection:
- SO simple to make
- Meltingly soft
- 10 minutes to cook
- Dipped in chocolate
And not just any old chocolate. Only the finest for my babies (sincerely hoping I’m not weirding you out right now referring to cookies as babies).
If you’ve not heard of Doisy & Dam a) where have you been and b) you have now so no excuses next time you’re in the market for some decadently divine chocolate with extra superfood oomph.
Here I’ve use their Coconut & Lucuma. It’s rich, dark and very very moreish. And makes me want to dip pretty much everything into it.
If you make these Coconut Almond and Chocolate Cookies, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Coconut Almond and Chocolate Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 10 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tblsp unsweetened nut milk (I used almond – you could probably also sub with oat or rice milk)
- 1 x 80g bar Doisy & Dam Coconut & Lucuma Chocolate
- 2-3 tblsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line a large tray with baking parchment or a silicon mat
- In a large bowl put the flour, ground almonds, nutmeg and baking powder and stir together
- In a smaller bowl or jug whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla until smooth
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to form a soft dough
- Tip out of your bowl and form into a long sausage – roughly 20 cm / 8 inches long
- Cut equally into 4 then cut each ¼ into 3 segments to make 12 pieces in total
- Roll each segment into a ball, flatten in the palm of your hand then put onto your baking tray, spacing evenly apart – they do spread when cooking so don’t crowd the tray, use 2 trays if necessary
- Bake for 10 minutes – they will still be a little soft but they firm up on cooling
- Leave to cool for around 30 minutes
- While they’re cooling melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a bain-marie (break the chocolate into a bowl and set over a saucepan of barely simmering water)
- Dip half a cookie in the chocolate and return to the tray
- After every few cookies sprinkle each one with a good pinch of desiccated coconut
- Once they’re all dipped put the tray in the fridge for 10 minutes to set the chocolate
- Store in an airtight container. As with all cookies they’re best eaten fresh but they do keep pretty well for a couple of days (if they ever manage to last that long!)
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Quick and Easy Meals
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword