Posted in Recipes on 19.06.2018
Oaty Raspberry Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 25 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 40 mins / quantity: 12 - 14 cookies Print recipe?
I love chocolate and I’m always trying to find new and delicious ways to use it. But my very favourite cookie HAS to be an oat cookie. Thick, soft, chewy and incredibly moreish. Not over sweet and with some kind of dried fruit to make them even chewier!
Like a lot of good recipes – you know, the ones you return to time and time again because they’re easy and delicious – these oaty raspberry cookies are a variation on a theme. Their first incarnation used half quinoa flakes and half oats for these mincemeat cookies. And are a GREAT way to use that half empty jar of leftover mincemeat lurking in your cupboard! Other times I’ve made them with sultanas, orange zest, chocolate chips, chopped nuts.
But as we’re enjoying bright mornings and longer evenings I wanted something fruity and summery. Fresh fruit would completely alter the texture of these chewy cookies and it was something I really wanted to keep. Enter Foodie Flavours and their wonderful range of concentrated essences. And raspberry pairs SO well with goji berries to give incredible depth of flavour ?
I can honestly eat these cookies any time of the day – they’re a great quick grab and go breakfast (as they store quite well for a few days) and they’re the perfect afternoon cuppa partner.
If you make these Oaty Raspberry Cookies, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
Oaty Raspberry Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 25 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 40 mins / quantity: 12 - 14 cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 30 drops Foodie Flavours Raspberry Essence
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 1 + 1/2 half cups rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a large baking tray with parchment or a silicon mat
- Peel the bananas and break into chunks, putting into a large bowl
- Mash with a fork or potato masher until no large lumps remain and the bananas are well mashed
- Whisk in the almond and peanut butter and 30 drops of raspberry essence
- Stir in the goji berries and rolled oats until well mixed
- Drop spoonfulls onto your tray and shape/flatten with your hands or the back of a spoon into rough round cookie shapes
- Bake for 25 minutes until set then leave to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword