Posted in Recipes on 27.12.2017
Mincemeat Quinoa Flake Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 25 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 40 mins / quantity: 14 cookies Print recipe?
Do you make your own mince pies? I don’t. ? My excuse is because one year I made over 10,000. Not in a year, just in December. I CANNOT bring myself to make any more mince pies. Maybe one day when I’m older and greyer and the memories have faded.
You’d also think that having made that many I wouldn’t be able to face eating them either. Folks, you could NOT be more wrong. Every year I can’t wait till December and can legitimately eat mince pies. I ❤ mincemeat and I’m always looking for ways to use it that’s not in a pie.
And I’m so in love with these biscuits. Bananas, peanut butter, Hodmedod’s delicious quinoa flakes, rolled oats and glorious mincemeat. That’s it, just those five ingredients.
Even though we’re post Christmas and we’ve probably eaten more food in the last couple of days than we normally do in a week we still want something tasty right? We also don’t want to faff with any more washing up either so we also have one bowl loveliness right here. Anyone else feel like they spend more time washing up than actual cooking ??
Smooth peanut butter is perfect for these cookies. Though lets face it, what ISN’T smooth peanut butter perfect for?
And who doesn’t want a meltingly soft yet thick, chewy cookie as an incentive to get out of bed on these cold, dark mornings? Because these Mincemeat Quinoa Flake Cookies are a perfect grab and go breakfast. They’re equally as good for those 3pm hungries with a giant cuppa something.
The bananas make them naturally sweet and I’ve made them SO many times now I’ve lost count – swapping out the mincemeat for sultanas, goji berries, toasted pecans, chocolate chips …
PLEASE make them, then we can sit and talk about other awesome flavour combinations!
Mincemeat Quinoa Flake Cookies
prep: 15 mins / cook: 25 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 40 mins / quantity: 14 cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas - the riper the better as they have more sweetness and flavour
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mincemeat
- 1 cup Hodmedod's Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a large baking tray with parchment or a silicon mat
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then mix in the peanut butter
- Mix in the mincemeat then the quinoa flakes and rolled oats until everything is well combined
- Spoon 14 piles onto the tray and and shape/flatten with your hands or the back of a spoon into rough round cookie shapes
- Bake for 25 minutes until set then leave to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Christmas Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword