Posted in Recipes on 12.10.2018
Chocolate Orange Granola
prep: 15 mins / cook: 45 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 60 mins / quantity: 20 portions (approx.) Print recipe?
Treat yourself to a chocolate orange granola breakfast heaven!
This chocolate orange granola is a healthy breakfast treat that tastes totally decadent! An extra nutty crunch comes from toasted hazelnuts and flax seeds!
We eat SO much granola in our house. Most work days Phil’s favourite breakfast is overnight oats and even on weekends we often have porridge now the weather is turning colder. But all of them have a liberal sprinkle of granola – it could be this Peanut Butter Granola or even this Gingerbread Granola for our festive breakfasts!
But isn’t chocolate and orange and absolute match made in heaven? And Pip and Nut have taken it one step further with their Choc Orange Almond Butter. Yep, you read that right. Kinda one of those things you can’t believe didn’t already exist. And it’s out of this stratosphere good.
I’ve paired this chocolate orange granola heaven with extra nutty hazelnut crunch, yummy little flax seeds and quinoa puffs. Just because.
I also couldn’t resist adding some extra raw cacao powder. If you’ve never tried this amazing stuff you’re honestly missing out. Unlike its cheaper counterpart, cocoa powder, it’s not heat treated, keeping all those wonderful heart healthy antioxidants firmly intact. It’s also got a much richer, even more chocolatey flavour with no added nasties or sugar. Just natural cacao goodness!
If you make any of this Chocolate Orange Granola from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! )
Chocolate Orange Granola
prep: 15 mins / cook: 45 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 60 mins / quantity: 20 portions (approx.)
- 1/2 cup (80g) unpeeled hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (90g) Pip and Nut Chocolate Orange Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup (70g) agave or maple syrup
- 2 + 1/2 cups (250g) rolled oats
- 2 tblsp raw cacoa powder
- 2 tblsp flax seeds
- 1 cup (35g) quinoa puffs (we love these from Hodmedods)
- 1 orange - grated zest only
- 1/2 cup (100g) dairy free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line a large tray with a silicon mat or a piece of baking parchment
- On a smaller tray put the hazelnuts and toast in the oven for 15 minutes
- While they're cooking gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan then whisk in the choc orange almond butter and syrup (agave or maple)
- In a large bowl put the oats, cacao powder, flax seeds, quinoa puffs and orange zest and give it all a good stir
- Once the hazelnuts are out of the oven allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before rubbing together between your hands to remove the skin - I don't tend to be overly fussy when doing this!! Roughly chop and add to the oat mixture
- Stir the oil/nut butter mixture into the oats, making sure everything is well mixed together, pour onto your prepared large tray and bake for 15 minutes
- Take out of the oven and carefully give a quick stir - bringing the mix around the edge into the centre and pushing the centre out to the edges. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes
- Leave to cool completely before stirring in the chocolate chips and storing in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks (can also be stored in the fridge)
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword