Posted in Recipes on 11.04.2018
Vegan Pad See Ew
prep: 10 mins / cook: 20 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 2 portions Print recipe?
Let me first preface this with I’m a complete spice wimp. So this recipe might seem a little mild for some people which is why I’ve added some optional extra spices to zing up your stir-fry! Traditional Pad See Ew is also made with much thicker rice noodles (kinda looks like strips of tagliatelle) but I wanted something a little less dense in texture so that all those wonderful veggies and the truly delicious thing that is Fry’s Family Foods Rice Protein Stir Fry Strips really shine through.
It’s much easier being vegetarian or vegan these days, especially if you’re new to it and still missing certain flavours. And I’m constantly surprised by the up and coming range of vegan ‘meat alternatives’. SO MUCH CHOICE!
And this stir fried noodle dish is just SO easy to put together, making it a great staple and regular go-to in our meal plan. Fresh veggies, translucent almost glass like noodles, delicious Asian flavours and and these vegan protein strips.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE cake. But when I’m hungry it’s food like this (and this!) that I dream about. A BIG bowl of unbelievable flavour and comfort.
As a spice wimp I make this as one whole dish then take out my portion and add all the extra bits for my spice loving husband. If you’re a fellow spice wimp, don’t worry. This vegan Pad See Ew is just as delicious without any extra “omg my mouth’s on fire” extra heat!
I also highly recommend the extra step of the dry fried salted peanuts. I’m a total nut lover – raw, roasted, salted, all yum to me! But warm, freshly salted peanuts give this whole vegan Pad See Ew a complete crunchy lift. I’m actually salivating writing about this, just so ya know ?
Here are some items I used in today’s post:
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him ❤
If you make these Vegan Pad See Ew or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Vegan Pad See Ew
prep: 10 mins / cook: 20 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 2 portions
- 120g tenderstem broccoli
- 20g jumbo peanuts
- 6 spring onions – finely sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
- small thumb of ginger – peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper – deseeded and cut into thin strips
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pack Fry’s Family Food Rice Protein Stir Fry Strips
- 1 tblsp light soy sauce
- 300g cooked rice noodles
- handful bean sprouts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp dried chilli or red pepper flakes
- Put the broccoli into a small saucepan with a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 5 minutes until just starting to soften. Drain and set aside
- Put the peanuts into a small frying pan along with a pinch of salt and dry fry over a medium heat, tossing or stirring frequently until golden and lightly toasted - takes around 5 minutes
- In a large wok warm the olive and sesame oils then add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and pepper strips. Stir fry until just starting to soften
- Add the rice protein stir fry strips and cook over a low heat for another 5 minutes until lightly golden, stirring frequently
- Add the soy sauce, rice noodles and cooked broccoli and give everything a good stir, making sure the noodles are well coated. If the whole thing is looking a little dry don't be afraid to add a splash or two of water
- Check the seasoning and add a few grinds of pepper and a pinch of salt if needed
- Stir in the beansprouts and optional sriracha sauce and dried chilli or red pepper flakes
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the salty peanuts
Some products I used in today's post...
Antom Lunch Box, Bento Box Containers with Cutlery, BPA-Free, Leak proof, Microwave, Freezer & Dishwasher Safe - Pink
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Best Summer Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword