Posted in Recipes on 26.02.2018
Chia Chocolate Cookies
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 12 cookies Print recipe?
Ever wondered what would happen if you mixed peanut butter together with cacao powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, maple syrup and baked it? Well wonder no more! These cookies are almost too easy to make. I say ‘too easy’ because they are in fact SO easy that there’s the definite temptation to make them, eat them all (telling no-one because there’s no evidence) then make some more and pretend you’re the perfect wife/husband/parent who bakes cookies (and healthy cookies at that) from scratch for your family.
Not that I’d ever do that kind of thing.
There’s nothing more complicated to this recipe than just mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl …
… shaping into little balls then flattening, putting on a tray then letting the oven do its thing.
Honestly, all cookies should be this simple. Or maybe not as there may be a cookie epidemic and the shops would run out of ingredients. The horror!
These cookies are on the healthy spectrum as there’s no gluten and no refined sugar. Just wonderful ingredients like Revolution Foods Raw Cacao Powder and Organic Chia Seeds. Their cacao powder is honestly something else – rich, dark and chocolatey, I can often be found just sniffing in the bag. The flax egg keeps them vegan and the peanut butter is there because it’s a wonderful and magical thing.
So, I’m pretty sure it’s time to get the kettle on and make a few (dozen) healthy cookies. Who’s for a brew?
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Chia Chocolate Cookies
prep: 10 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 25 mins / quantity: 12 cookies
- Preheat oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a large tray with baking parchment or a silicone mat
- First up, grind the flax seeds in a blender to a fine powder then mix with 2 tblsp water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken slightly
- Put all the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl, add the flax ‘egg’ and mix everything together well with a spatula – the dough will form together as you work it
- Using your hands roll the dough into 12 equal (ish!) sized balls and place on the baking tray, squashing down with your palm. Then press down onto the top with a fork for a more decorative finish ;)
- Bake for 15 minutes until they’re just firm and slightly crisp on the edges
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray before storing in an airtight container
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Best Autumn Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword