Posted in Recipes on 23.04.2018
prep: 20 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 60 mins / quantity: 10 muffins Print recipe?
These lovely, easy raspberry muffins are oh-so-simple to make – and the best thing is you’ll have leftover homemade Jam for breakfast!
How to make the Homemade Raspberry Jam:
This really is so much simpler than you might think, no thermometers, no preserving pans etc. Just fruit and a saucepan
Put the raspberries, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice into a heavy based saucepan
Over a low-medium heat, gently bubble for 10 minutes till the fruit is very mushy, stirring frequently
Add the chia seeds and bubble for a further 5 minutes, again stirring frequently then set aside to cool
Told you it was easy 🙂
How to make the Raspberry Muffins:
Again, super simple:
Peel the banana and break the banana and mash with a fork
Whisk or stir in the honey almond butter, almond milk and coconut sugar
Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and using a rubber spatula mix everything together
Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases the plop on 1-2 tsp jam per muffin
Use a cocktail stick or a skewer to swirl the jam through the muffin batter
What other Easy Muffins Recipes do we have?
Is it possible to have too many muffin recipes? We’ve had peanut butter frosted, chocolate frosted, marshmallow topped, naked, stuffed with home made vegan lemon curd and we’ve even had savoury muffins! Now we have these almond ones rippled with home made raspberry and chia jam. Flipping delicious!
If you make these Raspberry Muffins or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
prep: 20 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 60 mins / quantity: 10 muffins
- 500g raspberries – fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon – grated zest and juice
- 3 tblsp maple syrup
- 3 tblsp chia seeds
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tblsp Pip & Nut Honey Almond Butter (or sub with Almond Butter for vegan muffins)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tblsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Start by making the jam. Put the raspberries, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice into a heavy based saucepan (this helps lessen the chance of it burning if you forget to stir it frequently!)
- Over a low-medium heat, gently bubble for 10 minutes till the fruit is very mushy, stirring frequently
- Add the chia seeds and bubble for a further 5 minutes, again stirring frequently then set aside to cool
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line a muffin tin with 10 cases
- Peel the banana and break into chunks into a large bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher
- Whisk or stir in the honey almond butter, almond milk and coconut sugar
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and using a rubber spatula mix everything together lightly but until well incorporated
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases the plop on 1-2 tsp jam per muffin
- Use a cocktail stick or a skewer to swirl the jam through the muffin batter
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cocktail stick or skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- If you make the full amount of jam - spoon into a tightly sealed jar but don't close the lid until completely cool. Once cold, close the lid and store in the fridge for 3-4 weeks
- The extra jam is great on toast or hot crumpets or perfect for these Oat and Raspberry Crumble Bars!
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Best Summer Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword