Posted in Recipes on 24.07.2018
Raspberry Apricot and Almond Baked Oats
prep: 15 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 55 mins / quantity: 6 - 8 portions Print recipe?
I had a rather hilarious conversation on Instagram very recently involving a very lovely lady and a typo. It started off innocently enough about my love for cherries and oats. Because I truly love oats – in all their guises at any time of the year. And as much as I love porridge it’s just been waaaay too warm lately for one of my very favourite breakfasts. Which is where baked oats comes in.
Get the oven on early, get them baked – enjoy at your leisure. We’re still getting all that healthy oat goodness without filling our bellies with the hot stuff on a hot day!
And I’m a bit in love with Foodie Flavours natural essences. They’re incredibly intense with flavour so a little goes a LONG way. And because you’re just adding a few drops for full on flavour it doesn’t alter the texture of whatever you’re cooking! Try these Vegan Jaffa Cakes to see what these tiny little bottles are truly capable of ?
There are some flavour combinations that were just meant to be. Chocolate and orange. Chocolate and mint. Peanut butter and anything. Another is raspberry and almond. Add in fresh apricots, perfect this time of year, for all natural sweetness and juicy pops of flavour in this vegan and gluten free baked oats recipe.
But don’t think you can’t enjoy these oats warm too! Our mornings are usually too rushed and Phil just grabs something as he’s headed out the door but they’re just as divinely scrummy fresh out of the oven on a cold winter morning!
If you make these Raspberry Apricot and Almond Baked Oats, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Raspberry Apricot and Almond Baked Oats
prep: 15 mins / cook: 40 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 55 mins / quantity: 6 - 8 portions
- 1 tblsp ground flax seeds
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup (60mg) maple syrup
- 10 drops Foodie Flavours Almond Essence
- 20 drops Foodie Flavours Raspberry Essence
- 2 cups (220g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 fresh apricots
- 1 tblsp coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 170 Fan / 190 C / 375 F / Gas 5 and line a 7 x 9 inch baking tray with parchment, covering the base and sides
- Mix the ground flax seeds with 3 tblsp water, stir well and set aside for 5 minutes
- Peel the bananas and break into chunks into a large bowl. Mash well with a fork until fairly smooth and no large lumps of banana remain
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup and both the essences and and whisk in with the fork
- Using a rubber spatula or large spoon stir in the oats and baking powder until everything is well combined
- Pour into your prepared tin
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stone. Cut each apricot half into 3-4 slices then lay the slices across the top of the oats, pushing down to slightly submerge
- Optional: sprinkle the coconut sugar over the top of the apricots and oats. This is an optional step as it doesn't add much extra sweetness, just gives a lovely caramelisation to the top of the baked oats
- Bake the oats for 40 minutes until firm and golden
- Eat immediately or leave to cool before slicing into portions and storing in the fridge or freezer
- Putting the cooled baked oats in the fridge to chill completely before slicing makes cutting them up much neater (if neatness is your thing!)
- We don't have a microwave so I don't know if these are any good to warm up. Would love to know if anyone tries!
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Best Autumn Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword