Posted in Recipes on 24.01.2018
Peanut Butter Truffle Tart
prep: 45 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 45 mins / quantity: 4 tarts Print recipe?
‘How did I live without peanut butter?’ – Phil’s response when he first tasted these. Because somehow he went through 40+ years without peanut butter! Can you imagine ? Trust me though, he’s making up for lost time ?
And these tarts taste exactly how they look – chocolatey, nutty, rich and decadent. And those maple roasted jumbo peanuts and camelina seeds on the top give THE perfect crunchy contrast to the soft truffle-ness of the tarts underneath.
Don’t be fooled though, these tarts are super simple to make! The base is a nutty chocolatey concoction …
and the top is just 3 ingredients …
… one of which is Jackpot Peanut Butter. This is peanut butter for people who are serious about peanut butter. This is next level peanut butter. And this is peanut butter for adults. This peanut butter will put hairs on your chest. But only if you WANT hairs on your chest of course.
I mean, what else is there to say about a peanut butter that claims ‘once you go Jack, you never go back‘. Hardcore right there.
These tarts are not only hardcore, they’re also sorta good for you! Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free. Naturally sweetened with dates and an amazing contrast to the slightly salty, slightly sultry peanut butter.
Here are some items I used to make today’s recipe.
If you make these Peanut Butter Truffle Tart, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! )
Peanut Butter Truffle Tart
prep: 45 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 45 mins / quantity: 4 tarts
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 4 dates – stone removed
- 1 heaped tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tblsp coconut oil – melted
- 1 cup Jackpot Peanut Butter
- 1 tblps coconut oil -melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw jumbo peanuts
- 1 tblsp camelina seeds
- 1 tblsp maple syrup
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate
- If you're not using loose bottomed tins cut a circle of greaseproof to fit the bottom of each tart tin - this helps to get them out of the tin!
- Put the nuts and dates (stone removed) into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add the raw cacao powder and melted coconut oil and pulse till well incorporated
- Divide this mixture between 4 mini tart tins, push out to the edges of the tin, flattening as you go - I use my fingers or the back of a teaspoon to do this
- Put the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple syrup into your food processor (no need to wash it from blitzing the nuts) and blend until well mixed and smooth
- Again, divide this mixture between the four tins pushing out to the edges and smoothing/flattening as you go
- Put the tins into the fridge for an hour or so until chilled
- To remove from the tins run a clean knife round the edge of each tin and tip out - don't worry, the tarts will stay intact
- To make the caramelised nuts put the jumbo peanuts, camelina seeds and maple syrup into a small frying pan and toss for a few minutes over a medium heat until caramelised. Set aside to cool
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie then use a teaspoon to drizzle over the tarts
- Before the chocolate completely sets sprinkle over the caramelised nuts
- The mini tins I used were 4 inches/10 cm in size.
- If you use smaller ones you'll get more tarts!
- Or you could make one large tart and serve it in slices if you don't have any individual mini tins!
- Or you could even make them in a cupcake tin - just make sure to put a disc of parchment in the bottom to make them easier to remove once chilled!
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword