Posted in Recipes on 30.10.2018
Fig and Quinoa Overnight Oats
prep: 5 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 12 hours 0 mins / total: 12 hours 5 mins / quantity: 2 Print recipe?
These Fig and Quinoa Overnight Oats are a deliciously healthy breakfast that tastes rich and decadent!
It’s all about the layers with any overnight oats. Because once you have the oaty foundation you then build in layers of flavour. These fig and quinoa overnight oats have layers of fresh fig, creamy oats and quinoa puffs.
All topped off with the equally smooth and creamy coconut yoghurt.
I’m in love with coconut yoghurt. It reminds me of a cross between buttermilk and soured cream. Rich and smooth and oh so creamy with a slight tartness. Heaven ❤
The fresh figs that are still seasonally available (though not for long so be quick to snap them at their best!) have such a wonderful sweet flavour. They’re also a great source of fiber and full of vitamins and minerals, giving a healthy burst of sweetness to the creamy oats.
The quinoa puffs are a fairly recent discovery too and I’m absolutely an addict now. For everything from drowning in chocolate for these healthy snack bars to adding to chocolate and orange granola for some added protein and crunch!
Everything is given another nutritional boost thanks to Unbeelievable Health’s Daily Defence Immune Formula. These are little concentrated capsules that can be simply taken with water or opened and sprinkled into your juice, smoothie, overnight oats etc. This is particularly useful for those unable to swallow tablets.
These marvelous little capsules support your immune system, providing relief during the impending cold and flu season as well as helping deal with allergies or recovering from illness.
Now I’m very generous with the oats when building an overnight oats, so feel free to split the oat base if you don’t have quite as voracious appetite as us!
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Fig and Quinoa Overnight Oats
prep: 5 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 12 hours 0 mins / total: 12 hours 5 mins / quantity: 2
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 cups (200ml) unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- 4 tsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 capsules Unbeelievable Health Daily Defence Immune Formula
- 2 fresh figs
- 4 tblsp quinoa puffs
- 4 tblsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tblsp shelled pistachios
- 1 tblsp pomegranate seeds
- The day before you intend to eat this you need to prepare the oaty mixture. Simply put the oats, chia seeds, almond milk and syrup into a sealable container
- Break open 2 of the capsules and sprinkle those in. Stir very well together
- You can also easily scale this recipe up and make a few days worth of oaty mixture at one time!
- Put the lid on and store in the fridge overnight
- When you're ready to serve, slice the fresh fig and arrange in the bottom of 2 serving glasses or bowls
- Top each with half the overnight oats then sprinkle on the quinoa puffs
- Top that with the coconut yoghurt and then sprinkle with the shelled pistachios and pomegranate seeds if using
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Quick and Easy Meals
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword