Posted in Recipes on 11.11.2018
Coconut Vegan Pancakes
prep: 15 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 16-18 pancakes Print recipe?
Light, soft and fluffy Coconut Vegan Pancakes served with a date, peanut butter and coconut milk drizzle!
All those words make breakfast heaven right? These vegan pancakes are so light and soft you have the perfect excuse to eat an entire stack of them. To yourself. Trust me, no judgement here!
These aren’t my only vegan pancake incarnation though. We made them into Summer Fruits Pancake Tacos before with a largely different and gluten free pancake recipe. But it’s autumn now where all things, including food, are mellow and golden
But as every Sunday is known as Pancake Sunday in our house it’s nice to mix it up occasionally!
These vegan pancakes are SO simple to make, just like regular pancakes. No special equipment needed, just a bowl and a whisk.
Also like regular pancakes you want to wait till the little bubbles form on the side you can see when frying them. This means they’re ready to flip.
And that drizzle that goes on top .. oh my gosh .. I had to stop myself literally spooning into my mouth without the pancakes!! It’s just a few blitzed dates, some coconut milk and peanut butter. Straight up heaven on my plate ❤
If you make these Coconut Vegan Pancakes or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! )
Coconut Vegan Pancakes
prep: 15 mins / cook: 15 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 30 mins / quantity: 16-18 pancakes
- 2 cups (300g) self raising flour
- 4 tblsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (400ml) coconut milk
- 4 dates
- 1 cup (200ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (65g) peanut butter
- Start by making the sauce - remove the stones from the dates, chop into quarters and put into a smallish saucepan along with the coconut milk
- Bring gently to the boil then set aside to cool and soften the dates
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder with a whisk then whisk in the coconut milk to make a smooth batter. Leave to stand for a few minutes while you finish the sauce
- Add the peanut butter to the saucepan of dates and coconut milk and blitz using a hand blender. Alternatively tip into a blender jug and blitz until smooth then pour back into the saucepan. Gently warm through over a low heat whisking occasionally
- Melt a little coconut oil in a large frying pan. Give the pancake mixture a quick whisk then pour into a jug - I find this the easiest method of getting the batter into the frying pan!
- Pour blobs of batter into the frying pan - I get 5-6 in at one time - and gently cook over a low/medium heat until bubbles start to form in the batter
- When the bubbles are quite prominent carefully flip the pancakes and cook the other side until golden and crisp
- Serve immediately with a little of the warmed sauce or keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining pancakes
Some products I used in today's post...
Coconut Merchant Oil Extra Virgin Organic Raw Ethical Cold Pressed Coconut Merchant, 500 ml
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword