Posted in Recipes on 07.06.2018
Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pops
prep: 1 hour 30 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 1 hour 30 mins / quantity: 6 pops Print recipe?
Well I don’t know about the rest of the world but here in Blighty we’re having all kinds of weather. Sometimes it’s wet, sometimes it’s cold. And sometimes it’s get the paddling pool out and the flip flops and shades on and sit in the sunshine enjoying an ice-cream.
Here we have smoother than silk vegan ice-cream made with cashew nuts, coconut and almond milk and a dash of maple syrup. This is then coated with sticky dates blended to a soft caramel. And the whole thing is wrapped in the glorious thing that is Doisy & Dam chocolate – specifically their Maca, Vanilla & Cacao Nib. Rich dark chocolate with crunchy cacao nibs – the perfect slightly bitter contrast to those sweet sweet dates.
Jeez will you just look at them. I mean what’s not to love? ? In my haste to get them out of the moulds and coated so I could photograph them then EAT them I ended up breaking 2 of the ice-creams! I still coated them in caramel and chocolate and had them as bites rather than pops! Who cares if there’s sticks involved or not?!
The best part (if I have to choose just ONE best part) is the ice cream and caramel stay relatively soft even after a few days in the freezer. No teeth breaking hardness – just a crisp chocolate shell, sticky caramel and smooth ice-cream.
There aren’t too many ingredients for these but they do take a bit of advance preparation. You’ll need at least an hour to leave the cashews to soak before blending and they’ll need 24 hours in the freezer before they’re set firmly enough to remove from the moulds.
But once they’re made – put your feet up and enjoy an iced pop of chocolatey heaven.
If you make these Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pops, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
If you make this recipe or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture!)
Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Pops
prep: 1 hour 30 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 1 hour 30 mins / quantity: 6 pops
- Start by soaking the cashews. Put them in a heatproof bowl or dish and cover with boiling water. This can be done overnight or a minimum of an hour before you intend to make the ice-cream
- Drain the cashews and put into a blender along with the thick white part of the coconut milk (discard the water or save for another use - see note), the maple syrup and almond milk
- Blend until very smooth - adding a dash more milk if it's too thick to pour
- Carefully pour into the moulds and put in the freezer until set - minimum of 24 hours
- When you're ready to finish the ice pops remove the stones from the dates and blitz in a blender or food processor with the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until very well chopped. You'll probably need to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times
- If it's too thick to spread easily blitz in just a dash or two of water
- Run the moulds under hot water for a few seconds until the ice pops easily pull out
- Spread the date mixture around all sides of the ice pops, lay on a tray and put back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate
- Break the chocolate into chunks and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie (a dish set over a pan of barely simmering water)
- Take the ice pops back out of the freezer and spoon or brush the melted chocolate all over the caramel layer, completely covering. It will start to harden as you're coating
- Once all covered pop back in the freezer for just a few minutes until set
- Sit back, shades on and enjoy (even if it's indoors!!)
- You only need the white creamy part of the coconut milk for this recipe. If you don't want to waste the water and are wondering what to do with it, it makes a great addition to juices, smoothies and soups!
Some products I used in today's post...
Ice Lolly Moulds Detachable DIY Frozen Ice Cream Pop Molds Ice Lolly Maker Set BPA Free with Base
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Best Autumn Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword