Posted in Recipes on 03.08.2018
Chocolate Banana Milk Shake Ice Pops
prep: 20 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 20 mins / quantity: 6 ice pops Print recipe?
We Brits do like to conform to our stereotype of always talking about the weather. And how we’re never happy. Too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. The wrong type of snow ?
I’d planned on making this vegan chocolate ice pops recipe for a while but you can never tell with the British weather. Would I end up posting about them when our official heatwave is finally over and we’re back to good ole Blighty drizzle?
Well as of writing this it’s still flipping warm. So warm we finally relented and bought a portable air-con unit. I say portable, it weighs as much as a medium human. And it makes as much noise as a Boeing 747 taking off. But I ❤ it! Phil and I have invested quite heavily in our PC’s – mostly for gaming but also for all the food photography and editing I do. And between the 2 PC’s and 4 monitors they do churn out some heat!
Which is where these Chocolate Banana Milk Shake Ice Pops are the best heatwave antidote! Super smooth and creamy vegan ice cream, naturally sweetened with bananas and fruit syrup and given that chocolatey lusciousness from the Sweet Freedom Chocolate Shake.
I’m also not a sit out in the sun person. Never really have been. I’m an autumn soul – crisp, chilly mornings, autumn leaves, chunky sweaters, hot chocolate. Perfect.
So after a morning of boiling in my own skin in the sauna that’s the kitchen at the moment, it’s pure heaven to retreat to the office, hot little dog in tow and enjoy the noisy coolness! With a Chocolate Banana Milkshake Ice Pop in hand of course ?
If you make any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
Chocolate Banana Milk Shake Ice Pops
prep: 20 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 20 mins / quantity: 6 ice pops
- 1 cup (140g) raw cashew nuts
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (40ml) Sweet Freedom Choc Shake - Banana
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (100ml) almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp (20g) Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- Blender - I used a Nutribullet RX
- 6 Ice lolly moulds
- Put the cashews into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for an hour
- After an hour, drain the cashew nuts and tip into a blender cup
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thick, white, creamy part - add that to the blender cup along with the remaining ingredients. The coconut water you have left in the can is great in soups, stocks and smoothies!
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender cup and whizz until completely smooth
- Pour into your lolly moulds and freeze overnight
- Run the moulds under warm water to help release the ice pops
Some products I used in today's post...
6 Pcs Ice Pop Mould Set , Twshiny DIY Frozen Ice Cream Pop Molds Ice Lolly Makers with Base (Pink )
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Our Christmas Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword