Posted in Recipes on 20.03.2018
Asian Slaw Wraps with Almond Butter Mayo
prep: 15 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 15 mins / quantity: 1 portion Print recipe?
Today we have one that could NOT be more simple. Just fresh veggies and a 3 ingredient dressing (or 2 if you omit the salt!)
And if you’ve never tried Hunter & Gather avocado mayonnaise then this really is the perfect reason to start. It’s light but SO full of flavour and so so creamy. It also has just 4 ingredients. Avocado oil, free range egg yolk, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt. This ensures plenty of goodness is locked in, with absolutely no compromise on taste. Everything mayonnaise should be.
I’ve also been asked a few times lately about ‘dietary’ changes. What would be a good keto swap? Is this paleo? Since just deciding to eat healthier, and let’s be honest, we all know what we should be eating even if it isn’t some of the things we love (doughnuts), we’ve not followed a diet as such. Just tried to cut back on bad fats, refined sugar, carbs, that sort of thing and include more colour, especially green!
But as I’ve been asked these questions I’ve been looking into what they’re all about. And they sort of make sense, and they’re sorta what we’ve been doing unintentionally anyway.
And because Hunter & Gather (aka Experimenter Boy and Coeliac Girl) are 100% paleo I wanted to use only ingredients that would fit in with their choices and ethics balanced with our own beliefs.
Did you know peanuts aren’t paleo? Me neither and it was only researching what can be included in a paleo diet that I had to change my original idea from a peanut/mayo dressing to an almond butter one. It still works though. Boy does it work. Thick, creamy avocado mayonnaise mixed with also thick and creamy almond butter. Y-to-the-um!! Honestly, I’m slathering this on every salad thing at the moment. And some not so salad things (baked sweet potato fries, homemade pizza, meat free sausage rolls, cloud bread … )
If you make these Asian Slaw Wraps, or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! )
Asian Slaw Wraps with Almond Butter Mayo
prep: 15 mins / cook: 0 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 15 mins / quantity: 1 portion
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 spring onions
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 3 tblsp Hunter & Gather Avocado Mayonnaise
- 3 tsp almond butter (see note)
- Pinch salt
- a little extra Hunter & Gather Avocado Oil if the almond butter/mayo dressing is a bit thick
- Alfalfa sprouts
- 6 little gem lettuce leaves (see note)
- Cut the cucumber into thick matchsticks
- Shred the spring onions into very thin matchsticks
- Thinly slice the cabbage
- In a small pot or glass stir together the mayonnaise and almond butter - taste and add a touch of salt if needed
- Lay the little gem leaves onto your plate and layer up all the cut vegetables
- Drizzle over the dressing then sprinkle over the alfalfa sprouts
- Fold the leaves over the filling as you eat them .. enjoy!
- If you can't find little gem lettuce you can substitute with something like cos, romaine, butterhead, lollo rosso or kale
- You can sub the almond butter for peanut butter if you're not following a paleo diet or are following a keto diet
Some products I used in today's post...
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him.
Hello and welcome to The Cook & Him.
We are Sam (The Cook), Phil (Him) and our little dog Meg. What started with a plan to shed a few pounds back in 2016, soon became obvious that eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
So, combining Sam’s 15 years of experience working within Michelin starred restaurants and our love for deliciously healthy food, we’re creating recipes for you to make and enjoy. We’ve added our own unique spin on traditional and contemporary vegetarian and vegan recipes that keep you (and your pets!) healthy and full. And we make sure they just work.
Fresh Spring Recipes
Configure your search
and I would like to see...
Or search for a recipe or post by keyword