Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Roasted Cauliflower
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Total: 45 mins | Quantity: 4 servings
- Start by roasting the cauliflower - preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line a medium tray with parchment or a sillicon mat
- Break the cauliflower into florets - not too large, you want bite sized pieces - and put in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, the thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, yeast and a good pinch each of salt and pepper
- Stir or toss everything together then tip onto your tray and roast for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp
- While that's cooking, make the soup! Remove the core from the tomatoes, roughly dice the flesh and put into a large saucepan
- Peel and roughly chop both the garlic and onion and add that to the pan. Remove the core and seeds from the red pepper, roughly dice the flesh and add that too along with the goji berries and a drizzle of olive oil
- Saute for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring frequently then add the tomato puree, stir, then add the veg stock and bubble for 15 minutes, giving an occasional stir until the tomatoes are just starting to go mushy.
- Either ladle into a blender cup and blitz till smooth or use a stick blender and pulse until all the veg is well pureed.
- Taste and season
- Pour into your bowl and drop in a few florets of cauliflower.
- Serve with hunks of crusty bread - these are all perfect:
- Rye Bread
- Herbed Beer Bread
- Oat and Honey Wholemeal Bread
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/red-pepper-and-tomato-soup-with-roasted-cauliflower/