Peanut Butter Truffle Tart
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 0 mins | Total: 45 mins | Quantity: 4 tarts
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 4 dates – stone removed
- 1 heaped tblsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tblsp coconut oil – melted
- 1 cup Jackpot Peanut Butter
- 1 tblps coconut oil -melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw jumbo peanuts
- 1 tblsp camelina seeds
- 1 tblsp maple syrup
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate
- If you're not using loose bottomed tins cut a circle of greaseproof to fit the bottom of each tart tin - this helps to get them out of the tin!
- Put the nuts and dates (stone removed) into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add the raw cacao powder and melted coconut oil and pulse till well incorporated
- Divide this mixture between 4 mini tart tins, push out to the edges of the tin, flattening as you go - I use my fingers or the back of a teaspoon to do this
- Put the peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple syrup into your food processor (no need to wash it from blitzing the nuts) and blend until well mixed and smooth
- Again, divide this mixture between the four tins pushing out to the edges and smoothing/flattening as you go
- Put the tins into the fridge for an hour or so until chilled
- To remove from the tins run a clean knife round the edge of each tin and tip out - don't worry, the tarts will stay intact
- To make the caramelised nuts put the jumbo peanuts, camelina seeds and maple syrup into a small frying pan and toss for a few minutes over a medium heat until caramelised. Set aside to cool
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie then use a teaspoon to drizzle over the tarts
- Before the chocolate completely sets sprinkle over the caramelised nuts
- The mini tins I used were 4 inches/10 cm in size.
- If you use smaller ones you'll get more tarts!
- Or you could make one large tart and serve it in slices if you don't have any individual mini tins!
- Or you could even make them in a cupcake tin - just make sure to put a disc of parchment in the bottom to make them easier to remove once chilled!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/peanut-butter-truffle-tart/