Mincemeat Nice Cream Pops
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Total: 65 mins | Quantity: 8 - 10 pops
- 2 large ripe bananas – the riper the better!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup mincemeat
- You can start this the day before by pre-freezing the bananas. Simply peel and roughly slice the bananas, put on a tray or in a freezer proof plastic container and freeze overnight. This isn't an absolutely essential step it just means the finished pops get a bit of a head start on the freezing process so you get to enjoy them sooner!
- If you skip freezing the bananas, go straight to making the crumble. Preheat the oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a baking tray with parchment or a silicon mat
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan or in a microwave and set aside
- Mix the remaining crumble ingredients together in a large bowl then stir through the melted coconut oil until well incorporated
- Spread out onto your tray into an even layer and put in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring half way through
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely
- When you're ready to make your ice-cream simply blitz the bananas with the almond milk in a food processor or blender.
- Stir through the mincemeat then pour into your moulds or muffin tin, leaving a little room in each for the crumble
- Sprinkle the crumble on top, pushing into the ice-cream. If using a muffin tin or something without 'handles' you'll need to push in the wooden lolly sticks. Here it really helps if you've used pre-frozen bananas! If you've not you may need to part freeze before inserting the sticks. Either way, freeze until firm
- If you use a muffin tin as a mould you can help to ease them out of the tin by using a hot knife run round the edge to release
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/mincemeat-nice-cream-pops/