Raw Goji Brownie Bites
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 0 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 20 - 25 squares
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 12 medjool dates – stones removed
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 150g (roughly 3 bars) Conscious Chocolate – The Dark Side
- cacao nibs + extra goji berries for sprinkling
- Line a 9 x 9 inch dish or tin with greaseproof or cling film, covering the base and sides. Set aside
- Add the walnuts, pecans, cashews and oats to a food processor and whizz until the nuts are fairly finely chopped. Tip out into a bowl
- To the food processor add the stoned dates, goji berries, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla and coconut oil and pulse until well combined. This might take quite a few pulses to chop the dates and blend everything back together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- Once the dates are well chopped and you have a sticky mess, tip the nuts back into the processor and give a few quick pulses to amalgamate them
- Tip into your prepared tin and push out to the corners, flattening the top. Pop into the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- When it's firm enough to cut and hold its shape tip out onto a chopping board and cut into bite sized squares - I cut the whole thing into long strips then cut those strips into squares. I also trim the edges first to get nice even squares - cookies perks ?
- Put back in the fridge while you melt the chocolate
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Prepare a flat tray or chopping board with a piece of greaseproof or baking parchment - something that will fit back in your fridge
- Dip the squares of brownie into the chocolate, using a fork to turn the pieces making sure each side gets coated. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off then use another fork/skewer/cocktail stick to push the square off the fork and onto the tray with the greaseproof
- If the chocolate is starting to set on the dipped pieces, sprinkle them with the optional cacao nibs and goji berries
- Keep dipping until you've either used up all the chocolate or you have no squares left to dip! Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes till the chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container
- I honestly can't say how long these last. I've made them 3 times now and each time they're mysteriously vanished from the fridge in just a couple of days! ?
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/raw-goji-brownie-bites/