Pizza Jacket Potatoes
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 120 mins | Total: 135 mins | Quantity: 1 portion
- 1 large baking potato
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 3 tblsp of Marinara Sauce
- Handful of chopped chives
- 50g half-fat mozzarella – torn into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan
- pesto, spring onions, olives, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos etc
- Preheat the oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6
- Scrub your potato to remove any dirt, pat dry, prick all over with a knife or fork then rub the skin with a little olive oil.
- Place in a baking tray, sprinkle over some salt then bake for 1 – 1 ½ hours – test if it’s done by poking with a pointed knife – the skin should be crispy and the flesh soft. Cook for a little longer if necessary.
- Leave the potato to cool slightly (or completely if you want to finish it later) then cut it in half lengthways.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skin. Lay the empty skins back in the baking tray
- To the potato flesh add the marinara sauce, chopped chives, mozzarella pieces and seasoning to taste and give it all a good mix together.
- At this point feel free to add any of your own pizza flavours – pesto, spring onions, olives, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos etc
- Spoon the mixture back into the empty skins, sprinkle with grated parmesan and bake at the same temperatures as above for 30-40 minutes till piping hot.
- Cool and chill the baked potatoes ready to scoop and fill another time
- Chill once scooped and filled - they keep a few days like this and make a great little treat for visiting friends ??
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/pizza-jacket-potatoes/