Chia Seed & Berry Jam
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 2 medium jars
- 500g mixed berries – fresh or frozen
- 3 tblsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon – grated zest and juice
- 2 tblsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tsp baobab powder
- 1 heaped tsp acai berry powder
- Tip the berries, maple syrup and the lemon zest and juice into a medium sized saucepan and gently bubble for 10-15 minutes until the berries become quite soft. Squash any of the larger berries with a fork or, if you have fussy ‘no lumps’ jam lover as I do give the mixture a quick blitz with a stick blender or in blender machine (being very careful of the hot liquid).
- Add the chia seeds and vanilla and bubble gently for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the baobab and acai berry powders, carefully taste and add a little more honey if needed, then leave to cool completely.
- Spoon into sealable jars and store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Don't forget to prepare the berries if you're using fresh - remove stalks/stones/pits etc!
- The jam goes wonderfully well with our Honey Oat Wholemeal Bread
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/chia-seed-berry-jam/