Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Salad
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 40 mins | Quantity: 2 jars
- 1 small cauliflower
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup Hodmedod’s Organic Wholegrain Quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 spring onions – thinly sliced
- 1 tblsp fresh basil – shredded
- Handful cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/2 red pepper – diced
- Small handful shelled pistachio nuts – very roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 200 Fan / 220 C / 425 F / Gas 7 and line a medium roasting tray/dish with greaseproof paper or a silicon mat
- Cut the florets off the stalk of the cauliflower and break into small bite sized pieces. Put into a bowl then drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle in the garlic powder, dried mixed herbs, cumin, paprika, turmeric and some salt and pepper. Toss it all well together to coat the cauliflower.
- Tip onto the baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until the florets are golden and just cooked but not too soft. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the quinoa while the cauliflower is roasting - put the quinoa and vegetable stock in a small saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes till all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Leave that to cool too once cooked then stir in the grated lemon zest, shredded basil and sliced spring onions. Check seasoning.
- You can then start layering your jars - I started with a few spoons of quinoa followed by some halved cherry tomatoes, then the roasted cauliflower, some crumbled feta cheese, chopped pistachios and finally some diced red pepper
- Layer it all up then pop in the fridge ready to grab and go the next day :)
- Cook the quinoa at the same time as you're cooking the cauliflower - they take roughly the same amount of time and can be cooking and then cooling together!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/roasted-cauliflower-quinoa-salad/