Chia Seed Protein Pancakes
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Total: 25 mins | Quantity: 6 pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tblsp chia seeds
- 1 tblsp coconut flour
- 2 ½ tblsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tblsp almond milk
- 2 tsp hemp protein powder
- Peel the bananas, break into chunks into a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Crack in the eggs and give a quick whisk with the fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well then leave to stand for just a few minutes while the chia seeds swell and absorb some of the liquid.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and melt in some olive oil, butter or coconut oil then heap in spoonfulls of the pancake mixture, spreading slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Cook 2-3 minutes till the bottom has set enough that the pancakes can be lifted and turned with a metal spatula or fish slice.
- Cook a further 1-2 minutes (or a little longer if, like us, you like yours a bit crispy!)
- We find these just as tasty ‘commando’ as when spread with a little of our Chia Seed & Berry Jam ;)
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/chia-seed-protein-pancakes/