Chocolate Protein Baked Oatmeal
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins | Total: 55 mins | Quantity: 8 good sized squares
- Preheat your oven to 170 Fan / 190 C / 375 F / Gas 5 and line a 7 x 9 inch baking tray with parchment, covering the base and sides.
- Put the ground flax seeds into a cup or mug and mix with 1/3 cup (80ml) cold water. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and break into chunks into a large bowl. Mash well with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the chocolate spread, fudge brownie shake, syrup and vanilla and whisk together.
- Whisk in the flax/water mixture.
- Stir in the oats and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into your prepared tin and smooth to the corners.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips all across the top then gently push them into the mixture. You want them visible but slightly submerged so they don't all fall off once baked!
- Bake for 40 minutes until set and lightly golden
- Eat immediately or leave to cool before cutting into squares and storing in the fridge or freezer
- Putting the cooled baked oats in the fridge to chill completely before slicing makes cutting them up much neater (if neatness is your thing!)
- We don't have a microwave so I don't know if these are any good to warm up. Would love to know if anyone tries!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/chocolate-protein-baked-oatmeal/