Vegan Pesto Recipe
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 0 mins | Total: 5 mins | Quantity: 1 small jam jar
- 2 cups (20g / 2 large handfuls) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon – juice only
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts
- 3-4 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (50ml) oil – I use either olive, avocado or macadamia nut oil
- Food processor or blender – I used this Magimix
- Simply put all the ingredients into your food processor bowl or blender cup and whizz until smooth and creamy!
- Spoon into a clean glass jar and store in the fridge (see note)
- Pesto is something I use very regularly so it doesn't tend to last long! It should keep happily in the fridge for a couple of weeks and maybe sterilising the storage jar before using will help prolong its life!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/easy-vegan-pesto-recipe/