Peanut Butter and Apple Pupcakes
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Total: 45 mins | Quantity: 24 mini muffins
- 2 organic free range medium eggs
- 3/4 cup (170g) plain yoghurt
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1/3 cup (90g) smooth sugar free peanut butter (see **note**)
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (150g) plain wholemeal flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tblsp cream cheese
- 2 tblsp smooth sugar free peanut butter (see **note**)
- 24 dog chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4 and line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with mini muffin cases (too many 'm's!)
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk in the yoghurt honey and peanut butter till smooth
- Grate the apple (but don't include the core or seeds, just discard those) add to the bowl and stir together
- Stir in the cinnamon, flour and baking powder
- Spoon into your mini muffin cases, filling them well
- Bake for 25 minutes until risen, golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you're not planning on using all the muffins reasonably soon, freeze them in batches once completely cooled
- Once cooled beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter and either spoon or pipe onto the muffins. Top with a chocolate drop
- Go and spoil your pup! ??
- **IMPORTANT NOTE** Lots of peanut butters include sweetener, particularly Xylitol which is toxic to dogs. Make sure to use a brand of peanut butter that doesn't include any form of sweetener. Many thanks to one of our newsletter subscribers for this information ?
- You could make normal sized muffins rather than mini ones, just make in exactly the same way and fill the larger muffin cases quite well too. They may need a little longer to cook than the smaller ones though - check by inserting a toothpick into the centre of a muffin and if it comes out clean with no cake raw mixture clinging to it they're done!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/peanut-butter-and-apple-pupcakes/