Caramel Chocolate Protein Bites
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 0 mins | Total: 20 mins | Quantity: 15 / 20 bars/balls
- 1 + 1/2 cups (150g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (55g) ground almonds
- 1/2 cup (100g) dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (55g) goji berries
- 2 tblsp (25g) chia seeds
- 2 tblsp (25g) flax seeds
- 4 dates – stone removed
- 1/4 cup (35g) shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup (35g) shelled macadamia nuts
- 2 tblsp (40g) Sweet Freedom Choc Shake – Caramel
- 1/2 cup (125g) nut butter – I’ve tried peanut and almond and they both taste great, but I’m confident most nut butters would work in this recipe!
- 1/3 cup (80g) unsweetened almond milk
- Food processor – I’ve used a Kenwood Compact FP120
- Put 1 cup (100g) of oats into a food processor and whizz to a quite fine powder.
- Tip into a large bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup (50g) of un-ground oats, the ground almonds, the chocolate chips, flax seeds, chia seeds and goji berries
- Don't wash up your food processor bowl yet! Tip in the dates and both nuts and whizz until quite finely chopped
- Squeeze in the Sweet Freedom Chocolate Shake and add the nut butter and whizz again until incorporated
- Add the almond milk and give a final whizz to mix it through
- Tip this into your bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- If you're making bars tip the mixture into a 7 x 9 inch tray lined with parchment or cling-film, spreading and flattening into the corners then put in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before cutting into bars.
- If you're making the mixture into balls take out small pieces and shape with your hands - the size of the ball is up to you ?
- Store both bars and balls in a lidded container in the fridge
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/caramel-chocolate-protein-bites/