Tomato Pearl Barley Risotto
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 2 generous servings
- In a large frying pan saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat until softened and the onion turns lightly translucent
- Add the pearl barley, passata, 1 cup (250ml) water, tomato puree, sun dried tomatoes, coconut sugar and rosemary and stir well
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally (careful of the steam when removing the lid to stir!)
- Mix in the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and bubble for a further minute to warm the tomatoes through
- Check seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary
- I've put this serves 2 generously - and I mean generous! If you want to serve with bread or a salad it will easily serve 3-4. But we were very hungry the first time I made this and ate the lot between just the two of us ??
- I've also made this and had it cold the next day and it's just as delicious!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/tomato-pearl-barley-risotto/