Raw Vegan Chocolate Banoffee Pies
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 0 mins | Total: 30 mins | Quantity: 12 mini pies
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 3 tblsp almond butter
- 4 dates – stone removed
- 1-2 bananas – peeled and sliced
- Coconut cream (see note)
- Dairy free grated chocolate
- 12 hole mince pie tin
- Start with the base - in a food processor blitz together the pecans, cashews and oats until very finely chopped.
- Add the Choc Shake and pulse a few times till well combined
- Divide evenly between the holes in your mince pie tin then using the back of a teaspoon or your fingers (or both!) push the mixture up the sides of the holes till you have little pie cups.
- It's worth noting I used a little coconut oil to grease half the tin and left the other half ungreased and it made NO difference! You may need to grease if your tin is old and worn or non-stick though!
- Put the tin in the freezer for up to an hour to set
- While they're chilling make the caramel - put the banana, almond butter and dates into a food processor and blitz until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary
- Remove the tin from the freezer and gently loosen the pie cups from the tin - I carefully used a dinner knife for leverage! Once they're loosened keep them in the tin though - it helps them to hold their shape while the caramel sets!
- Spoon the caramel evenly between the cups then chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge
- Top the caramel with slices of banana - I did 2 thickish slices per pie.
- Spoon or pipe on the whipped coconut cream then sprinkle with grated chocolate
- Enjoy the fruits of your labour ?
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container
- To make coconut cream, just chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight then open the tin and scoop out the hard white part (the watery liquid is perfect in smoothies) and beat until soft and smooth. Apply liberally!
- The cups are relatively fragile so be gentle when handling them. But I PROMISE you, they're worth it!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/raw-vegan-chocolate-banoffee-pies/