Courgette and Camembert Flatbread Pizza
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Total: 55 mins | Quantity: 4 x 6 inch pizzas
- Start with the dough. Put the tepid water into a large bowl or into the bowl of a stand mixer
- Whisk in the yeast and sugar, cover with a t-towel and leave for around 15 minutes until the surface is frothy
- Tip in the flour, salt and olive oil and mix either by hand, with a rubber spatula or the dough hook of your machine, to a smooth soft dough. Because we're using plain flour for a light, chewy dough you don't need to knead the heck out of it! Just mix until it forms a dough
- At this point you can transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and store, covered (with a t-towel or cling film), in the fridge for a couple of days. Otherwise cover the bowl with the t-towel again and leave to prove for around 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 Fan / 220 C / 425 F / Gas 7 and line one large or 2 medium baking trays with parchment or a silicon mat
- Tip the the dough onto a floured work surface and evenly divide into 4 pieces
- Using a floured rolling pin or floured hands roll or shape the dough into flatish discs and lift onto your baking tray(s)
- Spread roughly 1/2 tblsp tomato puree onto each base
- Top with the sliced courgette then 3 pieces of Camembert per pizza and scatter over the halved cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle over the garlic powder and a pinch each of sea salt
- Bake for 20 minutes until risen, crisp and golden, top with a few sprigs of fresh basil and enjoy!
- The water should be blood temperature - meaning when you put your finger in it you can't feel if it's hot or cold! If anything, err on the side of cold - too hot and you run the risk of killing the yeast.
- Get experimental with your toppings - we've also had sliced mushrooms, peppers and pesto with New Roots Goat Cheeze. All just as delicious!
Recipe by The Cook & Him at https://www.thecookandhim.com/recipes/courgette-and-camembert-flatbread-pizza/