Unleash you and/or your child’s inner Picasso with this very art nouveau dahhhling chocolate concoction! If ever there was a thing the word concoction was invented for THIS is it. Goopy melted dark and white chocolate swirled together before literally throwing all manner of jewel like fruits, nuts and seeds into a scattered carefree ensemble across the top.
I talk a LOT about chocolate on this blog. Mostly because I love chocolate but also because it’s a deliciously fantabulous thing that comes in SO many different guises and is SO versatile. It can be found in the most decadent of desserts to mouth-watering savoury dishes and everywhere in between!
I think I’ve also tried pretty much all chocolate on the planet. And I’m sorry to any American readers but I DO NOT like your white chocolate Hershey’s kisses!! There are a few that absolutely stand out on the chocoholic spectrum. Cadbury because I grew up with it. Hotel Chocolate because it’s rich and luxurious and I like to put on a posh frock and a tiara and pretend I’m a princess when eating this stuff. Conscious Chocolate because it’s raw and 100% vegan. And now Doisy & Dam. This stuff is bona fide delicious artisan chocolate with an absolute plethora of unusual and disgustingly delicious flavours.
And honestly, this couldn’t be simpler to make. Melt, melt, drizzle, chuck, chill. Done! 😜
You can be as fancy as you want. Swirl, don’t swirl – who cares, this chocolate work of art is YOURS! What you put on top is also kinda up to you, but I wanted to marry the flavours to the St Clements theme. Golden sunshine dried apricots and extra goji berries, whole almonds alongside flax seeds and chia seeds for a healthy bit of ooomph and nutty crunch.
Nutty St Clement's Chocolate Bark
Yield 8 portions (approx!)
A delicious way to cram in so many wonderful superfoods and a favourite with both adults and kids!
- 1 x 100g bar Doisy & Dam Goji and Orange Chocolate
- 1 x 80g bar Doisy & Dam Lemon, Poppy Seed and Baobab
- 6 dried apricots - roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (small handful) whole goji berries
- 1/4 cup (small handful) whole blanched almonds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tblsp quinoa puffs
- Break both the chocolates into chunks then melt in separate bowls either in the microwave or over a bain-marie (a bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water). Stir occasionally until all the chocolate is melted
- Line a 9 x 9 tray with a piece of greaseproof then pour in the melted dark chocolate, smoothing out to the edges
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle/flick the melted white chocolate over the dark chocolate. You can leave it as is or drag a knife or toothpick to 'feather' the two chocolates together
- Evenly sprinkle over the remaining ingredients then put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate is set
- Use a large sharp knife to cut diagonally across at angles
- Can be kept in the fridge or at room temperature
Here are some items I used in today’s post:
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him ❤