I have a somewhat shocking confession about this blackberry jam coconut pudding.
The first time I made it Phil and I ate the whole thing – a WHOLE PIE – between us in one go. This blackberry jam coconut pudding is supposed to serve 4-6 🐷🐷
I know! I’m shocking myself all over again saying it out loud! Why did we eat the whole thing? Because there’s so many things to love about this blackberry jam coconut pudding:
- Homemade jam that’s SO easy and quick you’ll be wondering why the heck you haven’t been making your own jam for years. The secret is chia seeds – tiny little seeds of loveliness that give it that ‘jam-like’ quality AND are full of protein and fiber. The other best bit about this easy vegan jam recipe is YOU control how much of the sweet stuff you put in – and in all honesty you don’t need that much!
- THAT TOPPING! Using coconut flour and ground oats makes this whole blackberry jam coconut pudding gluten free. I’d intended it to be much more like a sponge but I’m still getting used to coconut flour (it has a higher absorption rate than normal flour) and it ended up somewhere between a sponge and a crumble but sosoSO good.
Good enough to eat a whole family sized pie between just the 2 of us apparently 🙄
I’m also lucky enough as a food blogger to get a wide and varied range of ingredients sent to us – sometimes they’re new discoveries and sometimes they’re products that we already use time and time again. I am THE biggest fan of coconut sugar. I could live with a bag of it permanently under my nose just for that caramely heaven-like smell alone. And Coconut Merchant is a lovely company we discovered a while ago at a food festival and have been using ever since. They have a HUGE range of all things coconut – including Coconut Jam and Coconut Nectar, who knew there were such delights?! Or have I been living under a rock? Let me know if you get your hands on some of this divine stuff!
Till then bake yourself a big dish of jammy, spongy crumble stuff and we absolutely will not judge if you don’t share either 😉
If you make this Blackberry Jam and Coconut Pudding or any of the recipes from The Cook & Him we’d LOVE to see! Just snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #thecookandhim and tagging @thecookandhim in the photo itself (as this guarantees we’ll see your picture! ❤)
Blackberry Jam Coconut Pudding
Yield 4-6 portions
- 3 cups (500g) blackberries - fresh or frozen (no need to defrost either!)
- 1 orange - grated zest and squeezed juice
- 1/2 cup (80g) Coconut Merchant Coconut Sugar
- 2 tblsp Chia Seeds (we love these from Hodmedods)
- Start with the jam - put the blackberries, orange zest and juice and the coconut sugar into a heavy based saucepan (this helps prevent the jam burning) and gently bubble, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes
- Add the chia seeds and cook for a further 5 minutes before removing from the heat
- While that's cooking prepare the topping - put the oats, coconut flour and sugar, baking powder, bicarb and flax seeds into a blender or food processor and whizz until the oats have become a fine(ish) powder
- Tip into a large bowl then stir in the coconut yoghurt and almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 160 Fan / 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4
- I used a round bowl that I just greased very lightly with a little coconut oil (you could also use any vegetable spread, olive/avocado oil or one of those spray oils)
- Spoon in the blackberry jam and spread to cover the bottom of the dish
- Spoon on the topping and gently push out to completely cover the jam
- Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and bake for 1 hour until golden and bubbling
- Share, don't share but do enjoy! 😉
Here are some items I used in today’s post:
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay us a small commission for our referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting The Cook & Him ❤