I wanted to call this post 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Us – Even If You Actually Know Us … but Google told me the title was too long 🤷
We wanted to put a few things in here that aren’t exactly our secrets but they’re not the kinds of things you’ll find in our front page bio either! Want to get to know us a bit better? The real us, not just the photographs of food, but the “late weekend, don’t have to get up for work in the morning, friends round for some good food, laughs and a few beers” us …
Sam – The Cook
- I got stopped for speeding while on holiday in Florida .. and never paid the ticket!
- I’m a closet Jeremy Kyle watcher. I hate it. But I can’t stop watching it.
- I never knew my hair was naturally curly till I grew it .. in my twenties!
- I don’t like curry in any way, shape or form. And no amount of “well that’s because you’ve never had a proper curry” trying will ever change that.
- I also don’t like coffee. And I really really wish I did.
- I’m an MMO gamer and my alter egos are called Wyntir (mage) Silvermyst (tank) Doodle (healz) 😎
- I used to practice my laugh. Because I got told off at work for my laugh being too loud. Now I don’t know if my laugh is my natural one or one I ‘invented’ ?
- I’m a list making maker of lists. And I have lists to organise my lists!
- I don’t know how to not be creative – even if it’s just sticking bits of paper to other bits of paper.
- I have a pathological dislike of being in any photo. I didn’t even want to be in my own wedding photos! So if there’s a photo of me anywhere I’m either pulling a stupid face (see evidence above) or it’s a ‘bit’ of me …
Phil – Him
- In 2016 I lost nearly 4 stone in weight, reversed my type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol and completely changed my eating habits.
- I often forget I’m nearly 45. I play too many computer and console games and like to wear hoodies and trainers
- My full time job is to work as a techy computer programmer for a huge multinational manufacturing company. I have no idea what I’m doing but no-one there seems to have realised yet!
- I play the acoustic guitar badly, the electric guitar even worse and the bass like I have no thumbs.
- When confronted with technical things I always tell people that “I don’t understand because I only have a GCSE in woodwork”. I don’t even have a GCSE in woodwork.
- I can’t swim
- I never ate a banana till I was 44
- I like fast cars – I can’t really afford a properly fast one but make do with what I have
- I crave peace and quiet. Living on a housing estate, tranquillity is often hard to find. When we can afford it we love to take a cruise to Norway and experience the clean, fresh air and dream of how wonderful it would be to live in an environment like that
- I love my family – until my wonderful wife came along I was somewhat drifting, no clear direction and lost in a haze of all all the things you do when you’re a 30 year old who still thinks he is 18.
- I like to find things in bins and shred them. Sometimes even when mum and dad are home.
- I will also eat anything given the opportunity. This includes maggots and cat poop. But not lettuce. Because that’s just gross!
- I sometimes fall UP the stairs in my haste to get up them because someone upstairs has food
- I have breath that would make Satan blush.
- I hate fireworks so much I don’t even like the sound of food sizzling.
- I’m deaf unless someone is unwrapping food.
- I’ve chased the postman several times now. Not caught him yet. Still trying.
- I have a bed in every room in the house and don’t sleep in any of them, preferring mum and dads bed.
- I don’t know how to chase a ball. I’ve never been that dog.
- I’m scared of hot water bottles. They move funny and make strange noises